Shrimp 'n' Pasta
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you like a little kick and a ton of flavor in your seafood dishes then you're gonna love our Shrimp 'n' Pasta. We take flavorful veggies and herbs, as well as some shrimp and picante sauce, and combine 'em together to create a shrimp pasta masterpiece!
What You'll Need
- 8 ounces rigatoni or other pasta shape
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into short, thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into short, thin strips
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup picante sauce
- Grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add peppers, mushrooms, garlic, and basil. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until peppers are almost tender, stirring frequently. Stir in shrimp and cook 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and picante sauce; reduce heat to low and simmer 5 to 7 minutes, or until warmed through, stirring frequently.
- Transfer to a large bowl, then add cooked pasta; mix well. Sprinkle with cheese and serve immediately.
- You can serve this with additional picante sauce, if desired.
- This dish has it all, except of course, dessert! We thought a light and refreshing Country Fruit Stand Salad might just be the answer to topping off a delicious meal!
- Check out more of our favorite seafood dishes in our collection of 22 Easy Shrimp Recipes for Every Occasion.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you're called upon to comfort someone and need the perfect bring-along dish, we recommend Utah's Best Funeral Potatoes. This hearty, creamy funeral potatoes recipe will surely be appreciated by friends and family. Of course, easy potato side dish is perfect for a happy occasion, too.