Egg Drop Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You won't believe how easy it is to make Egg Drop Soup, a famous -- and famously delectable -- Chinese take-out dish. You're gonna impress your friends with your restaurant-worthy culinary skills!
What You'll Need
- 4 (14-ounce) cans chicken broth, divided
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup thin angle-sliced scallions (1 to 2 scallions)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, bring 3-1/2 cans of broth to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in the sesame oil and reduce the heat to low.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and the remaining 1/2 can of broth. Add to the soup, stirring constantly. With a fork, slowly stir the beaten eggs into the soup, forming egg strands.
- Stir in the scallions and soy sauce then remove from the heat. Serve immediately.
- Looking for more traditional Chinese food recipes you can easily make at home? Don't miss our collection of 26 Takeout Dishes to Make at Home: Easy Chinese Recipes!
- Plus, if you loved this egg drop soup recipe, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Comfort Food for the Soul: 40 of Our Best Stews and Easy Soup Recipes.
- Our Anytime Fried Rice would go great with this dish too!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This classic dessert is so special, it's worthy of being on a White House menu. Come to think of it...it was! This is one of the desserts that was served when former President Kennedy and his family hosted a luncheon for Princess Grace Kelly. The good news is, you don't have to be royalty to enjoy our White House Strawberries Romanoff!