Hearty Chicken Gumbo
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A gumbo is really just a hearty Cajun stew. So, when we need to serve something to chase away the cold-weather blues, we know our Hearty Chicken Gumbo is sure to be stick-to-our-ribs satisfying!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound bacon, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 -ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen cut okra, thawed
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a soup pot, brown bacon over medium heat 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden; drain. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Allow to boil 35 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and gumbo has thickened, stirring occasionally.
To add a Louisiana flavor to the gumbo, add some hot pepper sauce just before serving.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 0 %
- Saturated Fat 0.0 0 %
- Trans Fat 0.0 0 %
- Protein 0.0 0 %
- Cholesterol 0.0 0 %
- Sodium 0.0 0 %
- Total Carbohydrates 0.0 0 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 0 %
- Sugars 0.0 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.