Peppery Potato Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Peter Piper picked a peck of Peppery Potato Soup? We're just kidding, we know that's not how the riddle goes, but we also know you're gonna love this!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups peeled, cubed potatoes (see note)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
What To Do:
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove about 1 cup potatoes from saucepan with a slotted spoon. Mash remaining mixture in saucepan with a potato masher; add reserved potatoes, the milk, and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
The best potatoes to use here are baking potatoes, such as russet or Idaho. As they break down in the cooking process, they'll thicken the soup.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone knows that pork and apples makes for a winning combo, which is why we love this down-home recipe for Pork Chops Applesauce. This dinner recipe is perfect for your bunch at home, 'cause every bite is sure to deliver lots of classic flavor. (Plus, our homemade applesauce is so easy and so tasty!)