Quick Spinach Parmesan Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In Italian, this is called Stracciatella alla Romano. In my house we simply call it one of our favorites!
What You'll Need
- 6 (10½-ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
- 6 cups water
- 5 ounces fresh spinach, washed, trimmed and chopped
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
What to Do
- In a large soup pot, bring the chicken broth and water to a boil over high heat. Add the spinach and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the spinach is tender.
- Stir in the cheese, then gradually stir in the beaten eggs to form egg strands. Serve immediately.
You can turn this into what Italians call chicorina by dropping a couple dozen marble-sized meatballs into the soup as the broth and water are boiling. Oh - for a nice finishing touch, sprinkle each bowl with some fresh grated Parmesan cheese.