We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What's the skinny on eating lighter? This hearty yet healthier homemade Skinny Soup may be just the answer. Simmer a pot on the stovetop and enjoy the garden-fresh flavors that are bursting with goodness!
What You'll Need:
- 6 cups water
- 2 white potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 large tomatoes, cored and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 zucchini, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 green bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 2 onions, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 chicken-flavored bouillon cubes
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, combine all ingredients; mix well and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook 1 hour, or until vegetables are tender.
- You can give this a bit of extra richness by adding a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese to the top of each serving. And remember, since Parmesan is a strong, flavorful cheese, a little goes a long way!
- Like this recipe? Then you'll love the Mr. Food Light, Simple and Tasty Recipes free eCookbook!
- If you're looking for more healthy soup recipes, check out 17 Sensational Soup Recipes today!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Tired of serving chicken breasts the same ol' way every time? If so, then you'll love this recipe for Cheesy Baked Chicken. These chicken breasts have a cracker crumb coating made from crushed cheese crackers and sesame seeds, so you can expect lots of crunch and flavor in every bite. Plus, this one is done in just about 30 minutes, which makes it great for busy weeknights!