Velvet Corn Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When it comes to Chinese soup, most Americans think of wonton and egg drop first. We sure love those, but how 'bout adding another one to our list of favorites? This velvety soup is company-fancy, but so easy. They won't believe you made it yourself!
What You'll Need
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 2 (14-3/4-ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
What to Do
- In a soup pot, bring the chicken broth and corn to a boil over high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, water, and cornstarch until smooth. Add to the chicken broth mixture and boil for 2 to 4 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from the heat and swirl the beaten eggs slowly into the soup, forming cooked egg strands. Top with the sliced scallions and serve.
For a heartier soup, add an extra can of creamed corn or some boiled wonton noodles.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.