Velvety Corn Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our version of the popular Chinese restaurant favorite: Velvety Corn Soup, is close as can be to the traditional. Serve it with crunchy Chinese noodles just like they do in the restaurants.
What You'll Need
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans (14¾ ounces each) creamed corn
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, combine the chicken broth, creamed corn, and pepper; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the water and cornstarch until smooth.
- Add to the broth mixture and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Swirl the beaten egg slowly into the soup, forming thin strands.
- Top with the sliced scallions and serve.
- NOTE: Yes, it's okay to make the soup in advance and simply reheat when ready to serve.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're like most, choosing between chocolate chip cookies and brownies is a tough dessert-time decision. Not anymore! This dessert combines the best of both worlds when it comes to desserts. Our Speckled Brookie Bars are the perfect combo of ooey-gooey brownies and warm and melty chocolate chip cookies. Plus, with our certified shortcuts, this amazing dessert recipe is the easiest (just watch our video right below and see for yourself). When you just can't choose between these yummy dessert options, treat yourself and have both! There's no way this pan of bars will last more than a day in your family's home.