Washington Clam Chowder
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
I know, I know - it's supposed to be Manhattan Clam Chowder. But there's a great little place right over the George Washington Bridge that serves a super version of this to New York and New Jersey fans.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 of a small onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium-sized potato, peeled and diced
- 3 cans (6½ ounces each) chopped clams, undrained
- 2 bottles (8 ounces each) clam juice
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
What to Do
- Coat a soup pot with nonstick vegetable spray. Add the onion, celery, and carrot and cook over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the carrots are tender, stirring frequently. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
Make sure you have a handful of oyster crackers for topping this. There are plenty of reduced-fat brands on our market shelves.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You're going to fall in love with this seasonal version of your favorite poke cake. Our Pumpkin Spice Poke Cake is perfect through-and-through. From the spiced cake to the vanilla pudding mix with added pumpkin pie spice, there's nothing but goodness in this easy dessert recipe.