Washington Clam Chowder
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
I know, I know - it's supposed to be Manhattan Clam Chowder. But there's a great little place right over the George Washington Bridge that serves a super version of this to New York and New Jersey fans.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 of a small onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium-sized potato, peeled and diced
- 3 cans (6½ ounces each) chopped clams, undrained
- 2 bottles (8 ounces each) clam juice
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
What to Do
- Coat a soup pot with nonstick vegetable spray. Add the onion, celery, and carrot and cook over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the carrots are tender, stirring frequently. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
Make sure you have a handful of oyster crackers for topping this. There are plenty of reduced-fat brands on our market shelves.