Wild Rice Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's a new soup that's been getting serious compliments during lunch at our office. It's Wild Rice Soup, and the reason it's so talked about is because it's so unusual, and very welcome.
What You'll Need
- 3 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 2 cups water
- 1 (6-ounce) box long-grain and wild rice mix
- 2 cups chunked cooked ham (see Note)
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 tablespoon browning and seasoning sauce
What to Do
- In a soup pot, bring chicken broth, celery soup, water, and rice mix with seasoning packet to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 25 minutes.
- Return heat to high and stir in the ham, green beans, and the browning and seasoning sauce. Cook 5 to 8 minutes, or until heated through. Ladle into bowls and serve.
Wild Rice Soup is the perfect soup to make with leftover cooked holiday ham, turkey, chicken or beef chunked and added for extra heartiness.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 170
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7g 4 %
- Saturated Fat 0.7g 3 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 12g 24 %
- Cholesterol 20mg 7 %
- Sodium 704mg 29 %
- Total Carbohydrates 25g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.2g 9 %
- Sugars 3.7g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We teamed a pasta salad with a tuna salad to come up with this dish that's summertime-perfect and very budget-friendly. Our Tuna Twist is a new take on an old recipe that's great for a light summer dinner. Or you can take this tuna pasta salad to a picnic or potluck (where it'll be the first thing to disappear!).