Beefy Vegetable Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We dare you to try this Beefy Vegetable Stew and to see for yourself why it takes the lead as one of our favorite meals! This stews robust and oh-so-delicious flavors will have you salivating from the second you start to make it.
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds beef round roast, cut into 1" cubes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups beef broth
- 2 baking potatoes, diced
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
What to Do
- Sprinkle beef evenly with salt and pepper; toss with flour to coat. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef, and cook 5 minutes or until browned on all sides; place beef in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker.
- Add beef broth to skillet, and scrape the bits from the bottom, using a wooden spoon; pour mixture over beef in slow cooker.
- Add potatoes and remaining ingredients; stir well.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 7 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Remove and discard bay leaf.
You can substitute lamb for the beef in this hearty stew, or even try a venison round roast. Serve bowlfuls with French bread or sourdough bread and your favorite red wine to suit.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This hearty, all-in-one, beefed-up dinner will definitely knock your lederhosen socks off! Our Slow Cooker Short Ribs and Cabbage is a German-inspired dish that features meaty ribs in a sweet and tangy sauce with lots of cabbage. It's a slow cooker dinner that'll have everyone saying, "Ach Das Schmeckt!" (That's "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!" in German!)