We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Country-style recipes really get back down to basics, and our easy stew recipe we just like to call "Country Stew" really hammers that message home. Using a combination of fresh veggies and meat and simmering in chicken broth, we've got a down-home stew recipe you're going to be taking out often, especially when the weather gets chilly.
What You'll Need
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 pound lean turkey sausage, sliced
- 2 (19-ounce) cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (28 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a soup pot, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and saute 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and sausage and continue sauteing 5 to 6 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until thickened and heated through.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 487
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9g 14 %
- Saturated Fat 1.9g 9 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 29g 59 %
- Cholesterol 24mg 8 %
- Sodium 2,878mg 120 %
- Total Carbohydrates 76g 25 %
- Dietary Fiber 17g 66 %
- Sugars 18g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
They say everything's bigger in Texas, which must be why this casserole is so big on taste! Our Texas Broccoli and Rice Casserole is creamy, cheesy, and oh-so-easy. It's perfect alongside anything from Texas brisket to your favorite chicken dinner!