Speedy Chicken Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Most stews take a lot of long cooking to turn out right, but not this Speedy Chicken Stew. You'll get a head start by using convenient rotisserie chicken and a few basics to have a comforting stew on the table fast.
What You'll Need
- 2 (14-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 (20-ounce) package frozen cream-style corn
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen baby lima beans
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and diced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
- 1/2 large sweet onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups chopped cooked rotisserie chicken
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can seasoned diced tomatoes with garlic, basil, and oregano
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
What to Do
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a Dutch oven. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring often. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until potato and lima beans are tender.
- Stir in chicken, diced tomatoes, and tomato paste; simmer an additional 10 minutes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This hearty, all-in-one, beefed-up dinner will definitely knock your lederhosen socks off! Our Slow Cooker Short Ribs and Cabbage is a German-inspired dish that features meaty ribs in a sweet and tangy sauce with lots of cabbage. It's a slow cooker dinner that'll have everyone saying, "Ach Das Schmeckt!" (That's "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!" in German!)