Winter Beef Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Winter Beef Stew tastes best on a cold night. It's flavors remind us of warming up after a morning of snowballs fights in the front yard. If the weather isn't cold where you live, don't worry! The flavors in this soup are so good, you'll want it all year.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups water
- 2 envelopes (one 2-ounce box) onion soup mix
- 3 large onions, quartered
- 8 carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and quartered
What to Do
Place the flour in a shallow dish and coat the beef completely.
In a soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat and brown the beef on all sides.
Add the salt, pepper, water, and soup mix; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat the low, cover, and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until the meat is almost tender.
- Add the onions, carrots, and potatoes and simmer for 45 minutes, or until the meat and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Need a full-of-flavor pork tenderloin recipe that's also quick to get on the table? Well then, our Skillet Parmesan Pork is perfect for you! The whole family will love the seasoned-to-perfection taste, and you'll love that it comes together in about 10 minutes. Sound too good to be true? Well, go ahead and give yourself a pinch, cause not only is this real, but it's perfect to make any night of the week!