Easy Penne and Eggplant
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
As the end of summer arrives, so does an abundance of garden eggplant, so Easy Penne and Eggplant is a super way to help us use up some of this year's crop in a fresh-tasting dish that's good hot or cold.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound penne
- 2/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 pound eggplant, cut into ½-inch pieces (2 small eggplants)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- In a large pot, cook penne according to package directions. Drain, rinse, and drain again.
- Place penne in a large bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons oil; set aside.
- In the same pot, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Saute eggplant and onion 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano, and saute for an additional 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and basil, and toss gently with penne until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 537
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26g 40 %
- Saturated Fat 3.7g 18 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 11g 23 %
- Cholesterol 1.5mg 0 %
- Sodium 321mg 13 %
- Total Carbohydrates 64g 21 %
- Dietary Fiber 6.1g 24 %
- Sugars 6.1g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.