Italian Stuffed Zucchini Boats
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Summer yields some of the best produce! Our Italian Stuffed Zucchini Boats are a creative way to utilize some of those delicious veggies you have growing in your garden or picked up from the market! Italian zucchini boats are some of our favorite ways to clean out the fridge - and if you've got some ground meat on-hand, why not throw that in too?
What You'll Need
- 2 zucchinis
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cut zucchinis in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp and seeds, leaving 1/4-inch shell (use a small spoon for this). Reserve pulp from both zucchinis and chop.
- In a medium bowl, combine pulp, garlic, tomato, mushrooms, basil, oregano, crushed red pepper flakes, olive oil and 1/2 cup cheese. Divide mixture evenly between zucchini shells. Place stuffed zucchinis in prepared baking dish; cover with foil.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until zucchinis are tender. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake uncovered 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Top with fresh basil and serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Saturated Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 0.0g 0 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 0.0mg 0 %
- Total Carbohydrates 0.0g 0 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0 %
- Sugars 0.0g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got what we think is the Best Broccoli Salad, and we're betting you'll agree! This garden-fresh broccoli salad is tossed in a creamy homemade dressing and livened up with a few surprises, so it's sure to be one of your favorite easy broccoli recipes for potluck parties! But nothing says you have to take this recipe to a party. This easy broccoli salad is perfect for summer lunches or as a fresh dinner dish. It has just the right amount of creamy flavor to make this broccoli salad a recipe you'll want to make again and again.