New Green Bean Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The classic holiday green bean casserole gets a tasty Test Kitchen makeover, for a New Green Bean Casserole recipe you'll be applauded for. Whether for Thanksgiving or Christmas, this one will deliver lots of tasty excitement!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen green beans, thawed
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 (8-ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola or blue cheese
- 1/2 cup French-fried onions
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Place green beans in baking dish and set aside.
- In a saucepan, whisk flour into milk over medium heat. Stir in mushrooms, salt, and pepper; bring to a simmer, and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until sauce thickens, stirring frequently. Stir cheese into mixture then pour over green beans. Stir beans gently.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle French-fried onions on top, and bake 10 to 15 more minutes, or until bubbly.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Potato pancakes are a symbolic and scrumptious treat commonly made for Hanukkah. Not only are they super crispy and really tasty, but thanks to the pre-shredded potatoes you can find at your favorite supermarket, these Simple Shredded Potato Pancakes are, well, simple to make!