Orzo Stuffed Peppers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A lot of stuffed pepper recipes use bread crumbs as the main ingredient in their stuffing, but sometimes it's nice to get a change of texture...and orzo pasta offers just the right variation.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage, crumbled
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 (29-ounce) can tomato sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 green bell peppers, tops removed and cored
- 1/2 cup water
What To Do:
In a large bowl, combine ground beef, sausage, orzo, 1-1/2 cups tomato sauce, the basil, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper; mix well. Stuff bell peppers evenly with mixture.
- Stand peppers in a large pot and pour remaining tomato sauce over top. Pour water in bottom of pot, cover, and cook over medium-low heat 50 to 60 minutes, or until meat is cooked and peppers are tender.
We'd like to recommend some of our other great recipes with peppers!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 376
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 14g 21 %
- Saturated Fat 5.0g 25 %
- Trans Fat 0.7g 0 %
- Protein 22g 43 %
- Cholesterol 55mg 18 %
- Sodium 501mg 21 %
- Total Carbohydrates 40g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.8g 15 %
- Sugars 4.7g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
At first glance, you might think this is a rice dish, but it's actually a pasta side dish! Ya see, orzo is a small, rice-shaped pasta, that's often used interchangeably with rice. In our recipe for Orzo Mushroom Toss, we used orzo for its nuttier flavor, which goes great with the fresh mushrooms!