Pinecone Cheese Ball
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
No, it's not a holiday decoration, and it didn't fall off the tree, but this pinecone appetizer is a great way to start off the month. Yup, it's a pinecone alright - a cheese ball that looks like a pinecone. It'll fool 'em, don't you worry!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups (8 ounces) finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 (6-3/4 ounces) jar whole roasted almonds
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary or parsley
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine the Cheddar cheese, blue cheese, heavy cream, and mustard; mix until well combined. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Spoon onto a serving dish and form into a pinecone shape. Place the almonds in the cheese mixture to look like a pinecone, covering the surface completely. Place the herb sprig at the wide end of the pinecone and serve, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
Serve with your favorite crackers or thin slices of French bread.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.