Braised Brisket with Horseradish Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The novel tang of prepared horseradish adds a flavorful spark to this comforting brisket recipe. Whether for a make-ahead, welcoming, weeknight supper or for a company meal, the result is always juicy, tender, and tasty.
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (4- to 4-1/2-pound) beef brisket (first cut, flat half), trimmed
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 3/4 cups beef broth, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
In a Dutch oven over medium heat, heat oil. Add brisket and brown evenly; remove brisket from pan and set aside.
Add onions to pan and cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings being careful to retain onions, then add brisket, 3/4 cup broth, and garlic; cover tightly.
Cook brisket in oven 3 to 3-1/2 hours, or until fork-tender. Remove brisket to a cutting board; keep warm. Drain oil from pan and discard.
- Add remaining broth and horseradish to onions in pan and cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes, or until hot. Slice brisket diagonally across grain into thin slices. Serve with sauce.
Our Potato Pudding Squares are a delicious accompaniment to tasty and tender brisket.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Who says you have to go outside to make an amazing BBQ dinner? Not us! With our recipe for Skillet Barbecued Chicken you can cook up a summer favorite...indoors! So, whether it's snowing, raining, or you just don't feel like firing up the grill, this barbecue chicken recipe is just perfect. Trust us, every bite is lip-smackin' good.
- Dad's Meat Loaf
- No Fuss Salisbury Steak
- 25 Kid-Friendly Ground Beef Recipes
- Old-Fashioned Stuffed Cabbage
- Better-Than-Ever Meatloaf
- Ground Beef Recipes: 25 Quick & Easy Recipes for Ground Beef
- Sloppy Joe Biscuit Bake
- All American Skillet Goulash
- Old-Fashioned Meatloaf
- Your Family's Favorite Meatloaf