Savory Prime Rib
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Sure, this site is full of great recipes, but one of our favorites is right here. It's a classic prime rib, and it is a crowd pleaser. Our easy prime rib recipe is sure to be as delicious as it looks! Juicy and filled with flavor, your holiday's are going to be something memorable and family friendly every year thanks to this easy prime rib recipe from Mr.Food!
What You'll Need
- 1 beef rib eye roast (about 4 pounds)
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon ground dried tarragon
- 1 (10- to 12-ounce) jar brown gravy
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a large roasting pan with cooking spray. Place roast fat side up in pan.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, salt, pepper, thyme, and tarragon; mix well, then reserve 2 teaspoons of the mixture. Rub all but the reserved spice mixture evenly over the roast.
- Roast 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours for medium-rare (150 degrees F. on a meat thermometer), or until desired doneness. Remove from oven and allow to stand 10 minutes before cutting.
- In a medium saucepan, heat brown gravy, red wine, reserved spice mixture, and pan drippings over medium low heat 8 to 10 minutes, or until heated through, mixing well.
- Slice the rib eye across the grain and serve with the sauce.
- Nothing goes better with prime rib than baked potatoes, and since the oven is already on to make the roast, making the potatoes is easy as 1-2-3.
- If you're looking for a different kind of "rib", we've got you covered! Try our Rockin' Rib Recipes for Perfect Ribs Every Time! It's a collection that will get your mouth watering, gaurenteed.
Fun Fact: The prime rib is from the "primal rib", the area behind the shoulder, but above the lower back of the cow! It is one of the eight primal cuts of beef, and includes some of the most tender muscles on the entire animal. As you can see, this cut of meat is perfect for your holiday dinner party!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The Ultimate Hero Burger is going to be your new favorite ground beef recipe, and we know it will be a hit this Memorial Day Weekend! This take on this classic burger recipe is our juciest and most flavorful yet. Friends and family will be crowding around the grill, clamoring for their burger patty!