Chocolate Chip Scones
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Chocolate Chip Scones are dense and flavorful, so what's not to love! These are so delicious you'll want to eat the whole bunch!
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream, divided
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine first 4 ingredients; cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until crumbly.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon cream; add remaining cream and chocolate chips to dry ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead 5 or 6 times. Shape into an 8-inch circle on a lightly greased baking sheet. Cut circle into 8 wedges (do not separate). Prick wedges with a fork 3 or 4 times, and brush with reserved 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 571
- Calories from Fat 291
- Total Fat 32g 50 %
- Saturated Fat 20g 100 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 4.9g 10 %
- Cholesterol 71mg 24 %
- Sodium 349mg 15 %
- Total Carbohydrates 70g 23 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.1g 4 %
- Sugars 34g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This ain't your momma's deviled egg recipe! We decided to give this recipe a Buffalo-style twist! That's right, we took all the classic flavors and added in some hot wing sauce! Top it off with some bleu cheese crumbles, and you better believe our Buffalo-Style Deviled Eggs will have everyone saying, "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"