Cherry Nut Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Cherry Nut Bread is a cake-type bread that's perfect for adding novelty to your dinner table, or just for snacking.
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 cups sugar (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 7 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup cherry juice (from the canned cherries)
- 1 (1-pound) can tart cherries, well drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, and baking powder. Cut in shortening. Stir in eggs, orange juice, orange peel, and cherry juice. Fold in cherries and nuts. Pour into 2 greased and floured 8- x 4-inch loaf pans.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes then remove from pan. Serve warm, or let cool on a wire rack.
Why not enjoy one loaf now and freeze the other? Cherry Nut Bread freezes well.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These from-scratch pumpkin pancakes are the perfect way to start off your weekend! Our recipe uses pumpkin pie filling to bring the comforting feeling of fall right to your kitchen. Make sure to top them with a bit of butter and a lot of syrup for a pumpkin taste straight from heaven! Whether you're making it for the grown-ups, the kids, or both, everyone will love our cozy Pumpkin Patch Pancakes.