Pancake Muffin Surprises
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What could make an old-fashioned pancake recipe even better? A pancake recipe with a surprise in the middle! These Pancake Muffin Surprises are filled with something that will raise eyebrows and make smiles appear around the breakfast table. Just one bite, and let’s just say you’ll go bananas over these.
What You'll Need
- 1 3/4 cups pancake baking mix
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup maple or pancake syrup, plus extra for topping
- 2 bananas, cut into (1/2-inch) pieces
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine pancake baking mix, milk, eggs, and 1/2 cup maple syrup. Fill muffin cups about 3/4 of the way with batter. Now for the secret part; place a piece of banana in center of each and gently press it into the batter.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until the batter is set. Serve with additional syrup for topping.
Test Kitchen Tips
- You are not going to be able to use the good old toothpick doneness test with these since the banana is in the middle of each muffin. You’ll know they’re done when the batter sets up all around the banana surprise.
- You can make all of the muffins with bananas or another kind of fruit, or make them real surprises by using a few different kinds. We like to make a few with fresh banana, a few with canned pineapple chunks, and a few with mandarin orange slices for a big taste, and a big surprise!
- Looking for more breakfast options? Try our Sunshine Breakfast Muffin Cups for an individual sized treat. Plus, our Mini Italian Breakfast Casseroles are perfect to serve at your next brunch. For an easier version, use the microwave with our Microwave Egg & Veggie Breakfast Bowl!
- For something a little heartier, try our Easy Eggs Benedict, or our Egg, Canadian Bacon and Cheese Muffin. If you need something sweet, give our French Toast Rollups a try.