Pumpkin Spice Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Pumpkin spice bread is the perfect fall treat. It also makes an excellent homemade gift around the holidays. Our pumpkin spice bread recipe is made with canned pumpkin, so it's a cinch to make. In fact, it's so easy that you'll be whipping it up to share with friends and family in no time! Just be sure to make an extra loaf for yourself because you won't want to miss out on the sweet goodness of this phenomenal pumpkin spice bread. (For even more recipes with canned pumpkin, check out our collection of Canned Pumpkin Recipes We Love.)
What You'll Need
- 8 (1-pint) wide-mouthed canning jars (see Notes)
- 3 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 (15-ounce) can 100% pure pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 4 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup chopped pecans
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat canning jars with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter 3 to 4 minutes, or until well blended. Add pumpkin and eggs and beat 2 minutes, or until well mixed.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and ginger. Beat 1 to 2 minutes, or until well blended. Stir in pecans then spoon evenly into canning jars.
- Place jars on a baking sheet and bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Carefully place lids on jars and seal while still hot; allow to cool completely before opening. To serve, slide bread out of jars and slice.
- Even though this batter can also be baked in two 9- x 5-inch loaf pans (add about 20 minutes to the baking time), the nice thing about making it in canning jars is that they're great take-along gifts. Add colorful ribbon and a pretty label for the perfect way to show somebody how special he or she is.
- Although these are baked in canning jars, this is not a canning procedure. These can be stored 2 to 3 weeks at room temperature, or up to 2 months in the freezer.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!