Daffodil Angel Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We're giving a light and airy angel food cake a flowery make-over, sure to delight your gang. Daffodil Angel Cake is like a splash of summer sunshine for your taste buds.
What You'll Need
- 1 (16 ounce) package angel food cake mix, batter prepared according to the package directions
- 1/8 teaspoon yellow food color
- Grated peel of 1 lemon
- Confectioner's sugar for sprinkling
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Divide batter in half and add yellow food color and lemon peel to one half; mix well until batter turns yellow.
- Drop a tablespoon of white batter into a 10- x 4-inch tube pan (See Note). Drop a tablespoon of yellow batter next to it and continue alternating a tablespoon of each batter until bottom of pan is completely covered. Continue dropping tablespoons of white batter over white batter and yellow batter over yellow batter.
- Bake according to the package directions for a tube pan. Remove from the oven and invert until completely cool. Remove cake from pan by running a knife around edge of pan to loosen it. Place on a serving platter, sprinkle with confectioner's sugar and serve.
- Do NOT use a Bundt pan or angel food pan that's smaller than 10- x 4-inches. Why, you ask? Well, we tried it once and discovered that the batter will overflow. Please don't make our mistake!
- For more angel food cake fun, try our Heavenly Freezer Cake or our Lemon Chiffon Angel Cake.
- We're also really excited about our Summer Fruit Stack and these Bloomin' Cupcakes!