Daffodil Angel Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We're giving a light and airy angel food cake a flowery make-over, sure to delight your gang. Daffodil Angel Cake is like a splash of summer sunshine for your taste buds.
What You'll Need
- 1 (16 ounce) package angel food cake mix, batter prepared according to the package directions
- 1/8 teaspoon yellow food color
- Grated peel of 1 lemon
- Confectioner's sugar for sprinkling
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Divide batter in half and add yellow food color and lemon peel to one half; mix well until batter turns yellow.
- Drop a tablespoon of white batter into a 10- x 4-inch tube pan (See Note). Drop a tablespoon of yellow batter next to it and continue alternating a tablespoon of each batter until bottom of pan is completely covered. Continue dropping tablespoons of white batter over white batter and yellow batter over yellow batter.
- Bake according to the package directions for a tube pan. Remove from the oven and invert until completely cool. Remove cake from pan by running a knife around edge of pan to loosen it. Place on a serving platter, sprinkle with confectioner's sugar and serve.
- Do NOT use a Bundt pan or angel food pan that's smaller than 10- x 4-inches. Why, you ask? Well, we tried it once and discovered that the batter will overflow. Please don't make our mistake!
- For more angel food cake fun, try our Heavenly Freezer Cake or our Lemon Chiffon Angel Cake.
- We're also really excited about our Summer Fruit Stack and these Bloomin' Cupcakes!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.