We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Bet you didn't know how simple it is to make these rich and gooey candy treats! Put these sweet homemade treasures out at your next party or wrap them up with a cute bow and give them as a gift. These turtles are sure to impress so don't be surprised when people ask where you bought these!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 to 1 pound macadamia nuts
- 1 (14-ounce) package caramels, unwrapped
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 (11-ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
What to Do
- Cover 2 cookie sheets with waxed paper and coat with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange the macadamia nuts into 24 groups on the cookie sheets.
- In a small saucepan, melt the caramels with the cream over low heat for 5 to 7 minutes, or until smooth, stirring constantly. Spoon the caramel mixture over each nut group quickly while still hot (reheat if caramel gets too thick).
- In another small saucepan, melt the chocolate chips with the shortening over low heat for 5 to 7 minutes, or until smooth, stirring constantly. Drizzle the chocolate over the caramel and nuts and let stand until firm.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Cashew Turtles
- Chewy Chocolate Crunch
- Melt Away Peanut Butter Fudge
- Tiger Butter
- To-Die-For Chocolate Fudge Recipes: 12 Homemade Fudge Recipes
- Homemade Cracker Candy
- Boss's Day Toffee
- Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old-Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge, & More
- Fast Chocolate Pecan Fudge
- Christmas Candy Recipes: 24 Ideas for Homemade Christmas Gifts