Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Bet you didn't know how simple it is to make these rich and gooey candy treats! Put these sweet homemade treasures out at your next party or wrap them up with a cute bow and give them as a gift. These turtles are sure to impress so don't be surprised when people ask where you bought these!
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 to 1 pound macadamia nuts
- 1 (14-ounce) package caramels, unwrapped
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 (11-ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
What To Do:
- Cover 2 cookie sheets with waxed paper and coat with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange the macadamia nuts into 24 groups on the cookie sheets.
- In a small saucepan, melt the caramels with the cream over low heat for 5 to 7 minutes, or until smooth, stirring constantly. Spoon the caramel mixture over each nut group quickly while still hot (reheat if caramel gets too thick).
- In another small saucepan, melt the chocolate chips with the shortening over low heat for 5 to 7 minutes, or until smooth, stirring constantly. Drizzle the chocolate over the caramel and nuts and let stand until firm.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This vegetable side dish is a must-have, especially during the fall season. Our Lentil and Vegetable Medley features a delicious combo of roasted sweet potatoes, sliced Brussels sprouts, hearty lentils, and more. To make it even more flavorful we toss all of these tasty ingredients with some balsamic vinegar. You'll love this!