Cheddar Potato Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Need an easy side dish that requires very little prep? Try out our Cheddar Potato Casserole. It's so simple to put together and it bakes up to a crisp golden brown. These cheesy, creamy potatoes are sure to be a hit at your dinner table!
What You'll Need:
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 1/2 cups instant potato flakes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large saucepan over high heat, bring water, butter, salt, and pepper to a boil. Remove saucepan from heat and stir in potato flakes and onion; mix well.
- Spoon mixture into baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and top with cream.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until heated through and the edges are golden.
For all of you who are skeptical about using instant potato flakes, go ahead and give 'em a try in this recipe. You won't be disappointed.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Celebrate Mardi Gras with a New Orleans classic! Beignets are basically fritters, in that they're made from dough that's dropped into hot oil and deep-fried until golden and delicious. Before they're ready to be enjoyed our Mardi Gras Beignets are sprinkled with confectioners' sugar, just like they do in N'awlins!