Golden Chicken Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's good to keep biscuit baking mix on hand for stretching our food budgets and making the most of leftovers. Take this dish...with leftover chicken and some Cheddar cheese, we'll have a golden-crusted meal fit for a king! Make this Golden Chicken Casserole once, and we bet you'll have a whole new outlook on leftovers.
What You'll Need
- 1 (10-1/2 -ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups milk, divided
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup biscuit baking mix
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 egg
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, combine soup, sour cream, and 1/2 cup milk; mix well. Add chicken, vegetables, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine baking mix, cornmeal, egg, and remaining 3/4 cup milk; mix well then spoon over chicken mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until top is set and golden.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- To lighten this recipe a little, you can always substitute a reduced-fat soup, sour cream, or milk for the "regular" ingredient.
- Check out How to Make a Great Chicken Casserole, Plus Top 10 Chicken Casserole Recipes for casserole tips & inspiration.
- If you like cooking made easy, check out our 24 Quick & Easy Rotisserie Chicken Recipes. They're also great for leftover chicken.
More Chicken Casserole Recipes You May Like
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe comes straight to you from a galaxy far, far away, as we celebrate Star Wars Galaxy's Edge in Disney's Hollywood Studios. If you head that way and explore the vast Star Wars galaxy, you might find yourself in Docking Bay 7 to fuel up. That's where we got the inspiration for our version of this Braised Shaak Roast. This hearty beef recipe teams up with cavatelli pasta and lots of veggies, for a flavor-packed combo that makes this hearty and comforting recipe something worth bringing home.