Golden Chicken Casserole
If you're always searching for leftover chicken casserole recipes, try this popular dish!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's good to keep biscuit baking mix on hand for stretching our food budgets and making the most of leftovers. Take this dish...with leftover chicken and some cheddar cheese, we'll have a golden-crusted meal fit for a king! Make this Golden Chicken Casserole once, and we bet you'll have a whole new outlook on leftovers.
This Mr. Food classic chicken casserole has been wildly popular since viewers first saw it and it continues to be one of the top recipes on our site year after year. If that's not a testament to how delicious, filling, and easy this chicken dinner dish is, we don't know what else would be. Take a look at this video and read the simple recipe below to make your own for dinner tonight!
What You'll Need
- 1 (10-1/2 -ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups milk, divided
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup biscuit baking mix
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 egg
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
What to Do
Golden Chicken Casserole Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, combine soup, sour cream, and 1/2 cup milk; mix well. Add chicken, vegetables, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine baking mix, cornmeal, egg, and remaining 3/4 cup milk; mix well then spoon over chicken mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until top is set and golden. Serve!
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- To lighten this recipe a little, you can always substitute a reduced-fat soup, sour cream, or milk for the "regular" ingredient.
- Check out How to Make a Great Chicken Casserole, Plus Top 10 Chicken Casserole Recipes for casserole tips & inspiration.
- If you like cooking made easy, check out our 24 Quick & Easy Rotisserie Chicken Recipes. They're also great for leftover chicken.
More Chicken Casserole Recipes You May Like
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If your Thanksgiving leftovers look sort of blah, it's time for a leftover makeover! No worries, we've found a way to turn those Thanksgiving leftovers into a tasty favorite that's way more fun to eat than a plain old turkey sandwich. Our Thanksgiving Leftover Poppers take just 15 minutes, which makes them a good idea if you're in a hurry to go shopping!