Grandma's Gourmet Chicken Pot Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's nothing quite as down-home comforting as a creamy casserole dish that reminds us of Grandma, and that's exactly what this recipe from Polly in Maine does. Her family loves to eat Grandma's Gourmet Chicken Pot Pie while sharing beloved stories about Grandma. We bet your family will love this dish, too!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound (2 cups) butter, divided
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (2 to 3 pounds), cut into 1-inch chunks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (4-ounce) jar Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried tarragon
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen phyllo dough sheets, thawed
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease a 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1/2 the butter. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, then add to skillet and saute about 5 minutes, or until no longer pink. Transfer to platter; keep warm.
- Whisk mustard into skillet drippings. Add tarragon and reduce slightly. Whisk in cream, blending thoroughly. Reduce heat to low and simmer until sauce is slightly thickened. Add peas, return chicken to skillet, and toss to coat completely.
- In a small microwavable bowl, melt remaining butter in microwave.
- In the baking dish, lay 1 phyllo sheet on bottom, patting to fit sides. Brush with butter. Add 4 more sheets of phyllo, brushing with butter between each layer. Place chicken mixture over phyllo, then place 5 more phyllo sheets over chicken, brushing with butter between each layer. Trim excess phyllo to within 1-inch of edge of baking dish. Tuck edges neatly under and brush top with butter.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until heated through and top is crispy and golden.
This recipe can be made in advance, then reheated in a 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's an all-in-one skillet meal that your family is sure to love! Our All-in-One Sausage Dinner is made with your favorite Italian sausage, along with some veggies, and yummy egg noodles. Everything cooks together in a homemade sour cream sauce for extra-goodness. And it only takes about 30 minutes!