Pesto Chicken Pasta
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This restaurant-worthy main dish fits perfectly as an easy weeknight dinner and also as a quick company meal. With its creamy pesto sauce made with readily available ingredients to coat the pasta and cooked chicken, we can serve it up proudly!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound linguine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 teaspoons salt, divded
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (7-ounce) container pesto sauce
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream
- 7 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
What to Do
- In a 6-quart soup pot, cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain, rinse, drain again, and set aside in the colander.
- In the same pot, heat the oil over high heat; add the chicken then sprinkle it with 1 teaspoon salt and the pepper. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until no pink remains in the chicken.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and stir in the pesto, cream, and the remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and return the pasta to the pot, stirring until thoroughly combined. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until pasta is warmed through. Serve immediately.