Stuffed Lemon Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These stuffed chicken breasts have it all; a little cheese, a yummy green veggie, a crispy coating, and a buttery lemon-herb sauce. It's no surprise why everyone loves this Stuffed Lemon Chicken so much!
What You'll Need
- 10 butter flavored crackers
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, butterflied (See Note)
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 pound kale sprouts (Lollipops), washed and stems trimmed (about 12)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (plus additional for sprinkling)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (plus additional for sprinkling)
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. In a resealable plastic bag, crush crackers, add 2 teaspoons melted butter, mix and set aside.
- Place chicken breasts on a flat surface, open them up like a book then lightly sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese on one half of each chicken breast and top each with 3 kale sprouts.
- Fold over top half of each chicken breast; carefully place stuffed chicken breasts in baking dish. Sprinkle cracker mixture evenly over chicken. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is not longer pink in the center.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, melt 6 tablespoons butter. Add garlic, parsley, lemon juice, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper and flour. Mix well and heat until thickened and hot. Drizzle over chicken and serve.
Not sure how to butterfly a chicken breast? Just place it on a flat board and place your hand on top. Using a sharp knife, carefully cut horizontally three fourths of the way through the chicken breast, so it opens like a book. Click here to see how it's done!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
There's nothing more warm and cozy than a big bowl of chicken soup. And when we're looking for a way to add even more heartiness to our bowls, noodles aren't the only option - wild rice is great too! Our Chicken & Wild Rice Soup is a warm-ya-up favorite that's full of flavor.