Utica's Chicken Riggies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Utica's Chicken Riggies is a hearty pasta dish with a unique and flavorful sauce. The recipe comes from Utica, a small town in upstate New York. Although there are a few different stories about who came up with the original recipe, there's no question that it's a winner.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 hot cherry peppers, cut in quarters
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, sliced
What to Do
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large deep skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot. Cook onion, garlic, and cherry peppers 5 minutes or until tender.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, and add to skillet; cook 6 to 8 minutes or until no longer pink. Add broth and wine and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in marinara sauce and cook 5 minutes. Add butter, Parmesan cheese, and basil, and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until thickened.
- Add pasta to skillet, mix well, and heat 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately.
This recipe comes from "The Ultimate Recipes Across America Cookbook." Click here for more information!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 661
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22g 34 %
- Saturated Fat 8.1g 41 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 41g 82 %
- Cholesterol 103mg 34 %
- Sodium 1,055mg 44 %
- Total Carbohydrates 67g 22 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.0g 16 %
- Sugars 6.3g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Bake up a tried-and-true favorite with our recipe for Homestyle Buttermilk Cake. This cake will remind you of all the times grandma would call you to the table and have a large slice and a glass of milk waiting for you. It's such a classic!