We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The kids are going to love helping you make these Colored Eggs for Easter! Dying eggs is simple, true, but we've got the secret to making them really pop during that annual Easter egg hunt. We used neon food coloring, and that really makes all the difference. You're going to love the end result and the kids will love seeing these as the center of their Easter basket!
What You'll Need
- 4 cups boiling water
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 4 assorted neon food colors and egg dye
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
What to Do
- In each of 4 small bowls, combine 1 cup boiling water and 1 teaspoon vinegar. Add 10 drops of a different food color to each bowl; mix well.
- Place an egg in each bowl and allow to sit until desired color is attained, turning occasionally. Drain on a rack over a paper towel-lined platter and allow to dry completely. Repeat until all eggs are colored.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- Want to go natural? Colored eggs can also be made with natural dyes. Try hard-boiling your eggs in water with blueberries to create blue-purple colored eggs. You can also try boiling them in water combined with seasonings like turmeric to create yellow eggs. The options are endless. And once your eggs are colored, you can add additional decorations with stickers, rub-on transfers, and more. Have a ball!
- Looking for more recipes to make for Easter? Try our Easy Easter Dessert Recipes or our Church-Favorite Easter Brunch Menu!
- For more Easter goodness, try our Chocolate Egg Nests or our Crumbly Carrot Cake Bars.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This easy recipe is sure to become a family-favorite! Our Beef 'n' Broccoli Noodle Toss is an Asian-inspired dish that starts with budget-friendly ramen noodles. Whip it up for a quick weeknight dinner that's sure to please everyone!