We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The kids are going to love helping you make these Colored Eggs for Easter! Dying eggs is simple, true, but we've got the secret to making them really pop during that annual Easter egg hunt. We used neon food coloring, and that really makes all the difference. You're going to love the end result and the kids will love seeing these as the center of their Easter basket!
What You'll Need
- 4 cups boiling water
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 4 assorted neon food colors and egg dye
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
What to Do
- In each of 4 small bowls, combine 1 cup water and 1 teaspoon vinegar. Add 10 drops of a different food color to each bowl; mix well.
- Place an egg in each bowl and allow to sit until desired color is attained, turning occasionally. Drain on a rack over a paper towel-lined platter and allow to dry completely. Repeat until all eggs are colored.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- Want to go natural? Colored eggs can also be made with natural dyes. Try hard-boiling your eggs in water with blueberries to create blue-purple colored eggs. You can also try boiling them in water combined with seasonings like turmeric to create yellow eggs. The options are endless. And once our eggs are colored, we can add additional decorations with stickers, rub-on transfers, and more. Have a ball!
- Looking for more to make for Easter? Try our Easy Easter Dessert Recipes or our Church-Favorite Easter Brunch Menu!
- For more Easter goodness, try our Chocolate Egg Nests or our Crumbly Carrot Cake Bars.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Cravin' some extra comfort after a long day? Our recipe for Weeknight Salisbury Steak will hit the spot! It's a comfort-food favorite that's melt-in-your-mouth tender and seasoned to perfection. Just try to resist licking your plate clean!