Cookie Cutter Toad-in-the-Hole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Imagine the look of delight on your family's face when they sit down to this breakfast made from the heart! You'll surely stay on their sunny side with this cookie cutter heart shaped toast and fried egg Cookie Cutter Toad-in-the-Hole treat. What a way to rise and shine!
What You'll Need:
- 2 slices white or whole wheat bread
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
What To Do:
- Cut out center of each bread slice, using a 2-1/2- to 3-inch heart, round, or other shape cutter; reserve cut-outs. Coat large nonstick skillet lightly with oil.
- Toast bread slices and cut-outs on one side in skillet over medium-low heat until golden, about 5 minutes. Turn bread pieces over.
- Break and slip an egg into center of each bread slice. Cover pan and cook slowly until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 5 to 6 minutes. Season eggs with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Serve the cut-outs with some butter or jam.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Rise 'n' Shine Breakfast Bake
- Rise 'n' Shine Omelet Cups
- 10 Easy Quiche Recipes for Brunch
- Bacon 'n' Egg Breakfast Grilled Cheese
- Coffee Cup Scramble
- Picnic Time Deviled Eggs
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Bake
- Fancy-Dancy Quiche
- Bacon and Cheddar Deviled Eggs
- 25 Christmas Morning Breakfast Casserole Recipes