My Family's Favorite Egg Sandwich
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It may sound simple, and it is, but this egg and cheese topped bagel is a favorite breakfast dish at Mr. Food's house... And it's sure to become a favorite at your house, too!
What You'll Need
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped cooked sausage
- 1 teaspoon sliced scallions
- 1 bagel, split
What to Do
- Coat a 2-cup measuring cup or small round microwave-safe bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
- Break the egg into the cup and scramble then mix in the cheese, sausage, and scallions.
- Microwave at high power for 1 minute, or until set. (Microwave oven temperatures vary, so adjust cooking time according to your microwave.)
- Meanwhile, toast the bagel. Place the cooked egg in the bagel, and serve.
For a heartier egg sandwich, mix in a sprinkle of bacon bits or cooked chunked ham along with the sausage. Want it lighter? Use any of the refrigerated or frozen egg substitutes (1/4 cup equals one egg).
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're like most, choosing between chocolate chip cookies and brownies is a tough dessert-time decision. Not anymore! This dessert combines the best of both worlds when it comes to desserts. Our Speckled Brookie Bars are the perfect combo of ooey-gooey brownies and warm and melty chocolate chip cookies. Plus, with our certified shortcuts, this amazing dessert recipe is the easiest (just watch our video right below and see for yourself). When you just can't choose between these yummy dessert options, treat yourself and have both! There's no way this pan of bars will last more than a day in your family's home.