My Family's Favorite Egg Sandwich
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It may sound simple, and it is, but this egg and cheese topped bagel is a favorite breakfast dish at Mr. Food's house... And it's sure to become a favorite at your house, too!
What You'll Need
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped cooked sausage
- 1 teaspoon sliced scallions
- 1 bagel, split
What to Do
- Coat a 2-cup measuring cup or small round microwave-safe bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
- Break the egg into the cup and scramble then mix in the cheese, sausage, and scallions.
- Microwave at high power for 1 minute, or until set. (Microwave oven temperatures vary, so adjust cooking time according to your microwave.)
- Meanwhile, toast the bagel. Place the cooked egg in the bagel, and serve.
For a heartier egg sandwich, mix in a sprinkle of bacon bits or cooked chunked ham along with the sausage. Want it lighter? Use any of the refrigerated or frozen egg substitutes (1/4 cup equals one egg).
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Turn ordinary chicken breasts into a favorite main dish by stuffing them with our creamy, flavorful filling and rolling them in a crunchy homemade breading. Stuffed Chicken Rollups are easy for weeknights, and are a company-favorite too!