We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
If you love salmon and are looking for a new way to add some fresh flavor to your fish, then you've got to try this recipe. The secret ingredient in our tasty glaze is fresh watermelon, and no matter the time of year, you can find this juicy fruit year-round.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 4 (4-ounce) salmon fillets, skin removed
- 2 cups watermelon chunks, pureed (see Note)
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine pineapple juice, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and salmon. Seal tightly and marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine watermelon puree, orange marmalade, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes, or until sauce has thickened. Keep warm.
- Coat a grill pan or large skillet with cooking spray and cook salmon over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve immediately with watermelon glaze.
To puree the watermelon, place chunks in blender or food processor and blend until puree forms.
- For more great watermelon recipes, please visit www.watermelon.org.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Chilled Stacked Salad is a colorful and easy make-ahead layered salad that is perfect for easy summer entertaining. It's among our favorite easy salad recipes for potluck parties. We know once you start stacking, you'll never want to stop!