The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
There's nothing like freshly made Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches. Who can resist hand-scooped ice cream slathered between freshly baked chocolate chip cookies and rolled in chocolate chips? Not us!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 quart chocolate chip ice cream
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips (see Note)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Using a sharp knife, cut cookie dough into 24 slices, and bake according to package directions. Remove cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Allow ice cream to soften slightly then place 1 small scoop on the flat side of a cookie; place another cookie flat-side down on ice cream. Squeeze the 2 cookies together until the ice cream is pushed to the edges.
- Place chocolate chips on a plate and roll edges of sandwich over the chips until chips stick to the ice cream. Lightly press chips into ice cream and place sandwich on a baking sheet. Place in freezer.
- Continue with remaining cookies, ice cream, and chips. Serve, or individually wrap in plastic wrap and keep frozen until ready to serve.
For a change of pace, substitute 1/2 cup of your favorite chopped nuts for the chocolate chips.