Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's nothing like freshly made Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches. Who can resist hand-scooped ice cream slathered between freshly baked chocolate chip cookies and rolled in chocolate chips? Not us!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 quart chocolate chip ice cream
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips (see Note)
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Using a sharp knife, cut cookie dough into 24 slices, and bake according to package directions. Remove cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Allow ice cream to soften slightly then place 1 small scoop on the flat side of a cookie; place another cookie flat-side down on ice cream. Squeeze the 2 cookies together until the ice cream is pushed to the edges.
- Place chocolate chips on a plate and roll edges of sandwich over the chips until chips stick to the ice cream. Lightly press chips into ice cream and place sandwich on a baking sheet. Place in freezer.
- Continue with remaining cookies, ice cream, and chips. Serve, or individually wrap in plastic wrap and keep frozen until ready to serve.
For a change of pace, substitute 1/2 cup of your favorite chopped nuts for the chocolate chips.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.