Frozen Rainbow Dessert Jars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Move over jams and jellies; we have a new way to showcase our canning jars. Yes, we are layering them with buttery pound cake, rainbow sherbet, and fresh-from-the-farm fruit creating a frozen dessert that is so good, it’s like finding a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. To make it, all you need to do is follow the yellow brick road to your local supermarket’s freezer aisle. Yup, it’s that easy!
What You'll Need
- 4 (16-ounce) mason jars or ice cream sundae glasses
- 1/2 of a 16-ounce frozen pound cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 quart rainbow sherbet or your favorite ice cream
- 1 cup frozen peaches, thawed
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 (7-ounce) package refrigerated edible cookie dough bites
- Whipped cream for garnish
What to Do
- Place a few cubes of pound cake in the bottom of a mason jar to cover the bottom. Layer with two small scoops of sherbet, a couple of slices of peaches, a few raspberries, and a couple of cookie dough bites.
- Repeat layers once more, then garnish with whipped cream. Repeat with remaining mason jars; serve immediately or keep frozen until ready to serve.
Test Kitchen Tip:
One of the many great things about this, is that you can switch up the flavors every time you make it. Go ahead and use your favorite flavor of ice cream, frozen cake or even cut up a freshly baked pie. As for the fruit, that too is up to you, as there are no rules. There’s no wrong way to enjoy this summertime dessert.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Good Ol' Tuna Noodle Casserole is filled with the mouthwatering flavors that you love in hearty dinner. We even made this classic recipe even easier with a few shortcuts to get you in and out of the kitchen and dinner on the table faster!