Cinnamon Walnut Cherry Oatmeal
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 2 Min
- COOK TIME
- 12 Min
- READY IN
- 14 Min
Looking for an easy way to turn your oatmeal into something special? Our simple oatmeal recipe, Cinnamon Walnut Cherry Oatmeal, is just like a classic breakfast recipe you'd prepare early in the morning on a weekend vacation. Its combination of maple, cinnamon, and walnuts turns this oatmeal recipe into the perfect fall breakfast recipe.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
What To Do:
- Combine milk, water, and dried cherries in a large saucepan; bring just to a boil over medium heat.
- Add oats, cinnamon, and salt to saucepan; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened. Stir in maple syrup.
- Spoon oatmeal into bowls; sprinkle with walnuts.
I love this welcome change from sugary-sweet oatmeal! But if you wake up with a sweet tooth, simply increase the amount of maple syrup you use as desired.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Upside Down Noodle Wreath
- Fried Cornmeal Mush
- Country Sausage and Biscuits
- Quiche Italiano
- Amish Cooking: 8 Amish Recipes for Breakfast
- Easy-Breezy Brunch: 26 Easy Brunch Recipes for Any Occasion
- Lazy Day Breakfast
- Best Breakfast Recipes for One: 12 Recipes for One Person
- Ham and Cheese Quiche
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Bake