Slice and Go Oatmeal
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 6 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Eating oatmeal is a great way to add a little health to your day, and with our non-traditional recipe for Slice and Go Oatmeal, you can make it "to go," so that your gang can enjoy it for breakfast or even as a healthy, quick snack.
What You'll Need
- 6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
What to Do
- Coat a 5- x 9-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan over high heat, bring water and salt to a boil. Stir in oats and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar and raisins.
- Pour oat mixture into loaf pan, cover, and chill at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- Remove loaf from pan and cut into 1-inch-thick slices.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Cook oatmeal slices 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden and heated through, adding more butter as necessary.
- If you're eating this right away, serve topped with additional brown sugar or warm maple syrup.
- This is also a terrific make-ahead dish. When you're ready to serve it, you can just reheat a slice in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, or until it's warmed through.
- You can even skip Step 5 and just microwave a slice when you're ready to enjoy it! This way, you can eliminate the butter.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 169
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4g 8 %
- Saturated Fat 2.9g 15 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 2.5g 5 %
- Cholesterol 11mg 4 %
- Sodium 339mg 14 %
- Total Carbohydrates 30g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.9g 8 %
- Sugars 17g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Turn ordinary chicken breasts into a favorite main dish by stuffing them with our creamy, flavorful filling and rolling them in a crunchy homemade breading. Stuffed Chicken Rollups are easy for weeknights, and are a company-favorite too!