All-In-One Breakfast Melt
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What do you get when you combine hash browns and mozzarella cheese? A whole lot of yum! This All-in-One Breakfast Melt might just be the tastiest way to celebrate a lazy weekend around the house. Perfect for an Easter or Christmas morning brunch, this casserole bakes up in under an hour, so you're not waiting around the entire morning to get eating! Bring a plate and your appetite and enjoy this wonderfully easy breakfast casserole.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) of butter
- 4 (12-ounce) packages frozen hash brown potatoes with onions and peppers, thawed
- 1 (1-ounce) dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat oil and melt butter in a soup pot over high heat. Add hash browns and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until they begin to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and add ranch dressing mix and 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese; mix well then spoon into the baking dish.
- Make 8 evenly-spaced indentations in the potatoes and break an egg into each.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove the foil and sprinkle evenly with the remaining Parmesan cheese and the Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 5 to 6 minutes, or until the cheese melts. Sprinkle with the scallions and serve.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our festive Sugar 'n' Spice Nuts are the perfect combo of salty and sweet for the holidays. Made with a variety of your favorite nuts, the sweetness of dried cranberries, and just enough cayenne to give it a good kick, this recipe is sure to disappear by the handful! And, not only is it a great snack when family visits during Christmas, but it's also the perfect goodie to send in the mail, for those who can't be with you this season.