Grilled Banana Split
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
They'll go bananas over Grilled Banana Split, our ice cream sundae that gets its tasty start on the barbecue grill. Grilled bananas take only minutes, but this heavenly treat will happily linger in everybody's mouths!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 6 firm bananas, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup hot fudge, warmed (see Tips)
What to Do
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, combine butter and brown sugar; mix well. Place bananas in butter mixture and brush to coat completely.
- Place bananas on grill flat-side down, and cook 4 to 6 minutes, or until edges begin to bubble; turn with a long-handled spatula and cook 2 to 3 more minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Place 2 cooked slices of banana in each of 6 serving dishes, top with scoops of ice cream, and drizzle with hot fudge. Serve immediately.
You can heat the hot fudge in an aluminum container directly on the grill. If you'd like, crown this with all your favorite banana split toppings, or, for a change of pace, replace the hot fudge with caramel sauce and sprinkle each serving with crushed peanut brittle.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 686
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 31g 47 %
- Saturated Fat 18g 92 %
- Trans Fat 0.6g 0 %
- Protein 7.2g 14 %
- Cholesterol 83mg 28 %
- Sodium 393mg 16 %
- Total Carbohydrates 99g 33 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.2g 21 %
- Sugars 70g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.