Blue Watermelon Walnut Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Blue Watermelon Walnut Salad is a healthy salad that tastes awesome! A bed of fresh baby greens tossed with crunchy walnuts, crumbled blue cheese and an exciting array of fresh fruit, including lycopene-rich watermelon, makes it easy to eat smart.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup walnut pieces or halves
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 3 or 4 ounces fresh baby greens
- 2 seedless oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 4 cups seedless watermelon cubes
- 2 cups seedless grapes, halved
- 2 cups fresh, trimmed and sliced strawberries
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
What to Do
- Heat walnuts in a seasoned wok or heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat for 1 minute; stir in sugar and soy sauce. Adjust heat to prevent burning while constantly stirring nuts until sugar melts. Continue to stir and cook until mixture begins to get sticky. Spread nuts over a sheet of waxed or parchment paper, and cool. Break apart into small pieces and crumble; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, heat vinegar over medium heat then stir in sugar. Continue to stir and adjust heat to bring mixture to a simmer. Add rosemary sprig to pan. Continue to simmer until contents of pan reduces by half its original volume; set aside.
Divide greens among 6 salad plates and arrange orange sections, watermelon, grapes, and strawberries over greens. Drizzle balsamic syrup over fruit and sprinkle with cheese crumbles. Top with candied walnut pieces, and serve.
Adapted from recipe courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Easter Egg Bread recipe is sure to become an Easter tradition for years to come! This eye-catching Easter bread recipe is a pull-apart sweet bread that has colorful Easter eggs baked right in. It's such a sweet and colorful dessert, no one will be able to resist pulling off a piece of this Easter bread recipe. Kids and adults alike will love tearing off a piece and enjoying this sweet, festive sweet bread recipe.