Carrot Pistachio Watermelon Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This trio of healthy super food powerhouses makes for one crunchy and refreshing fruit salad. Our Carrot Pistachio Watermelon Salad recipe will surely wake up your taste buds.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup blueberry vinegar, or 1/4 cup blueberry juice plus 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper or to taste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cups shredded carrot
- 4 cups small-cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 cup roasted, salted and shelled, chopped pistachio nuts
What to Do
- Whisk together blueberry vinegar, Italian seasoning, pepper, and honey. Whisk olive oil into mixture in a slow stream, until thickened.
- Layer shredded carrot, watermelon, and pistachio nuts in a shallow bowl or deep serving platter. Pour dressing over the top, and serve.
Adapted from recipe courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board