Fresh Mozzarella Watermelon Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This refreshing twist on an Italian-style Caprese salad is still packing a lycopene punch even without the tomatoes! Yes, the lycopene leader, watermelon, adds a novel taste, texture and flavor to our delicious Fresh Mozzarella Watermelon Salad.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups seeded small watermelon balls (use a melon baller)
- 2 cups fresh mozzarella pieces
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 bunch scallions (green onions), trimmed and chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Balsamic vinegar as desired
What To Do:
- Toss together the watermelon, mozzarella, basil, scallions, and oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over a bed of baby greens. Drizzle with a bit of balsamic vinegar, if desired.
Adapted from recipe courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Quick! - Check the pantry and the fridge and grab whatever you've got on hand, 'cause you're going to need it to make a throw-together Garbage Pasta Salad that's potluck-worthy! This is one easy pasta salad that won't ever make it to the garbage.