Fresh Mozzarella Watermelon Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This refreshing twist on an Italian-style Caprese salad is still packing a lycopene punch even without the tomatoes! Yes, the lycopene leader, watermelon, adds a novel taste, texture and flavor to our delicious Fresh Mozzarella Watermelon Salad.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups seeded small watermelon balls (use a melon baller)
- 2 cups fresh mozzarella pieces
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 bunch scallions (green onions), trimmed and chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Balsamic vinegar as desired
What to Do
- Toss together the watermelon, mozzarella, basil, scallions, and oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over a bed of baby greens. Drizzle with a bit of balsamic vinegar, if desired.
Adapted from recipe courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board