Great Garbanzo Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Garbanzo beans add a whole lot of protein to this fresh-tasting macaroni salad. It's a great picnic or anytime side dish that looks as good as it tastes. Serve this macaroni salad with your favorite picnic main dishes and dig in!
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions
- 1 (15-1/2-ounce) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 2 tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
What to Do
- In a large bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper. Add pasta and remaining ingredients; toss until evenly coated.
- Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
Did You Know?: Chickpeas and garbanzo beans are one and the same. Some folks just choose to call them "chickpeas" while others call them "garbanzos." Garbanzo beans are a nutrient-rich legume/vegetable, since they're packed full of protein, vitamins, and minerals. This makes them a great addition to any of your meals!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This ain't your grandma's old-fashioned spaghetti. While grandma's traditional pasta is always delicious, sometimes we want to try something new. Our California Dreaming Pasta Toss is one of the best pasta recipes you've never heard about. The butter, walnuts, and spinach give it a fresh flavor that will leave you feeling satisfied. Trust us, once you try it, you'll be dreaming about making it again and again.