Great Garbanzo Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Garbanzo beans add a whole lot of protein to this fresh-tasting macaroni salad. It's a great picnic or anytime side dish that looks as good as it tastes. Serve this macaroni salad with your favorite picnic main dishes and dig in!
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions
- 1 (15-1/2-ounce) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 2 tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
What to Do
- In a large bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper. Add pasta and remaining ingredients; toss until evenly coated.
- Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
Did You Know?: Chickpeas and garbanzo beans are one and the same. Some folks just choose to call them "chickpeas" while others call them "garbanzos." Garbanzo beans are a nutrient-rich legume/vegetable, since they're packed full of protein, vitamins, and minerals. This makes them a great addition to any of your meals!