We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You won't find any red sauce here! Spaghetti Carbonara is a traditional Italian dish that's made with spaghetti pasta, bacon, and cheese. It's a creamy pasta dish that's kind of addicting. Once you try our easy recipe for Spaghetti Carbonara, we have a feeling you'll be having it a lot more often. It's super easy to make, and packed so full of flavor, you'll want to add this to your weekly menu!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) package spaghetti
- 8 bacon slices, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon and onion 8 to 10 minutes or until bacon is crispy, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic and remove from heat; drain off excess liquid.
- In a large pot, whisk together half-and-half, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, the egg, salt, and pepper. Heat over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes or until slighly thickened. Add spaghetti and bacon mixture to pot and toss until evenly coated. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley and serve immediately.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 866
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 41g 63 %
- Saturated Fat 18g 92 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 30g 61 %
- Cholesterol 133mg 44 %
- Sodium 789mg 33 %
- Total Carbohydrates 93g 31 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.1g 16 %
- Sugars 4.2g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
PREVIOUS TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Change up your dinner routine with this recipe that's a cross between an ooey-gooey casserole and the best pepperoni pizza you've ever had. It'll only take you about 30 minutes to get these Pepperoni Pie Squares on the dinner table. (Be prepared to be asked for second helpings!)