We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 2 cups
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
You won't find any red sauce here! Spaghetti Carbonara is a traditional Italian dish that's made with spaghetti pasta, bacon, and cheese. It's a creamy pasta dish that's kind of addicting. Once you try our easy recipe for spaghetti carbonara, we have a feeling you'll be having it a lot more often.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (16-ounce) package spaghetti
- 8 bacon slices, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
What To Do:
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon and onion 8 to 10 minutes or until bacon is crispy, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic and remove from heat; drain off excess liquid.
- In a large pot, whisk together half-and-half, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, the egg, salt, and pepper. Heat over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes or until slighly thickened. Add spaghetti and bacon mixture to pot and toss until evenly coated. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley and serve immediately.
If you like this recipe, then you should check out our collection of No-Fail Italian Favorites for even more great ideas!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 866
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 41g 63 %
- Saturated Fat 18g 92 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 30g 61 %
- Cholesterol 133mg 44 %
- Sodium 789mg 33 %
- Total Carbohydrates 93g 31 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.1g 16 %
- Sugars 4.2g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Mashed potatoes always offer stick-to-your-ribs comfort, and our Mashed Potato Casserole is a new twist on a family favorite side dish recipe. This potato casserole is extra-rich and creamy thanks to the addition of cream cheese. Your spuds will never be duds if you make 'em this way!