We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our version of Chicken Bolognese is a lighter twist on the traditional Italian-style Bolognese sauce. Made with ground chicken and served over heart-healthy whole grain pasta, it tastes just as rich and hearty as the original.
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
What To Do:
In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil; brown chicken 5 to 6 minutes. Add carrot, celery, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper; cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
Add remaining ingredients except pasta; cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Serve sauce over pasta.
- Try our easy recipe for Homemade Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies for a fun dessert with the goodness of oatmeal in every bite.
- Plus, if you loved this Chicken Bolognese recipe, be sure to check out more Italian menu favorites with our collection of 22 Easy Lasagna Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 575
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12g 19 %
- Saturated Fat 2.6g 13 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 30g 61 %
- Cholesterol 78mg 26 %
- Sodium 515mg 21 %
- Total Carbohydrates 87g 29 %
- Dietary Fiber 7.6g 30 %
- Sugars 15g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These Grande Chicken Fajitas are a Southwest-favorite! The key to making these really flavorful is to start off with well-seasoned chicken, which is why we coat ours with lots of spices. Add in plenty of tender-cooked peppers and onions and you've got yourself the bare bones of a Tex-Mex restaurant classic. Now, go on and dig in!