Mostaccioli and Sausage Toss
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This fancy noodle is a fun way to change up everyone's favorite Italian dinner! When the family is gathered around the table to eat our Mostaccioli and Sausage Toss, make sure they have a bib and a hearty napkin. The saucy perfection of this easy pasta recipe is filled with flavor that's sure to make everyone feel warm and welcome, no matter how messy their grin gets!
What You'll Need
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds hot or sweet Italian sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (26-ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound Mostaccioli pasta
What to Do
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot; cook sausage until browned, turning occasionally. Add onion, green pepper, and garlic and cook 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add spaghetti sauce and Parmesan cheese, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until sausage is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Toss pasta with sausage mixture. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tip!
- Are you thinking, what the heck is Mostaccioli? It’s a shape of pasta that is similar to penne and it originated in Southern Italy. Penne are ribbed and tube-shaped with angled ends cut to resemble a quill or the point of a pen. Mostaccioli are smooth in texture and are perfect when served with a hearty sauce.
- For more delicious pasta recipes, try our Farmhouse Baked Ziti, or these Italian Cheese Dumplings.
- No Italian dinner would be complete without our Three Cheese Garlic Bread.
- For more sausage recipes, give our Country Sausage Soup a try! And our Sausage Sheet Pan Supper is always a crowd favorite.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 632
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17g 26 %
- Saturated Fat 5.7g 28 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 34g 69 %
- Cholesterol 41mg 14 %
- Sodium 2,225mg 93 %
- Total Carbohydrates 84g 28 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.4g 13 %
- Sugars 16g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone will love our fancy-sounding but easy-to-make Broccoli and Ham Quiche, whether you serve it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. And since you can combine the ingredients in advance and store them in a plastic storage bag in the freezer until you're ready to thaw and bake it off, it makes an extra easy Easter meal!